We are currently looking to recruit full-time Senior Support Workers for our residential home, Woodlands in Gunnislake, Cornwall.
This is a registered service for 6 adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and other concurrent complex needs.
The service provides 24-hour background core support, therefore various shifts will be required.
An NVQ Level 3 in Social Health and Care (or working towards one) is also a requirement for this post.
Experience in shift leading and supervising staff would be preferable.
You will need to be flexible, reliable and able to use your own initiative.
The position requires working as part of a team to support service users to maximise their full potential.
You will work in a way that reflects Regard’s Vision, Mission and Values, promotes best practice.
• Show initiative and do what is needed without being asked and take accountability for self and Service.
• Understands confidentiality and able to apply this appropriately to daily working practice.
• Builds strong working relationships with internal departments and external professionals encouraging staff to do the same.
• Attend local, regional and external meetings as requested.
• Promotes a positive working environment, motivates staff through team work & development.
• Role models effective use of time and adherence to working hour guidance to reduce pressure and support work/life balance.
• Supports staff fairly and consistently providing opportunities to resolve and learn from issues on a one-to-one and/or team basis.
• Take personal development seriously, identify developmental needs and work with line management to support this.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure (paid for by Regard) and two references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
For further details on this role, please contact Stuart Oliver on 01822832451 or via email to Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please complete our on-line application form by clicking the apply button below.
Alternatively, please complete our on-line application form on our website.
(No agencies please)
Specialism: Learning disabilities, mental health issues and other concurrent complex needs.
Type of Service: Residential service located in Gunnislake on the Devon/Cornwall border. Our location benefits from being a quiet, peaceful and setting, whilst also having an excellent train link to the city of Plymouth and a…
Regard’s commitment to equality and diversity means that every person supported by Regard has their individual needs comprehensively addressed and are treated equally and without discrimination.
We are dedicated to provide our staff with job satisfaction, long term prospects, competitive pay and good working conditions to ensure everyone can grow and flourish within our organisation for years to come.