London Road is a Registered Residential Home for 6 young adults with a learning disability, individual complex health needs and challenging behaviours.
Regard’s aim is to provide the highest possible quality of support to the people who use our services. Individuals are supported and encouraged to live full and independent lives. Our enabling, self empowering approach is tailored to a person’s aspirations and meeting their needs.
We will develop a package of care and support based on an individual’s assessed needs. By managing a person’s risks, we ensure that they achieve as much independence as possible.
The people who live at London Road are actively involved in the community and our services are focused around the Individual, enabling them to make their own choices and live the lives they choose. Individuals are assisted in positive risk taking so that they actively increase their confidence and move towards their goals in achievable milestones. We encourage individuals to access and take part in leisure activities and enable them to build up their skills by accessing educational and employment opportunities where possible.
London Road provides
- 24 hour Support providing one waking night and one sleeping night
- Person Centred Approach to every day life, decision making and choice
- Outcome based support, which is specifically designed around the person, their wants, wishes, goals and aspirations
- Individual planning and tailor made support packages which enable people to communicate in the way that meets their communication needs
- We offer staff that are trained in total communication methods and can support people to make decisions and choices through their chosen methods
- Positive risk taking – ensuring people can make decisions which keep them safe and happy
- The individuals that live at London Road actively participate in our QA checker programme and are involved in day to day decision making about their home.
- We also offer the opportunity for people to be involved in our service user based awareness training which includes speaking up, saying no to abuse and how to make a complaint
- We believe that it is paramount to consult with the people we support and act on their views and choices to ensure quality service delivery
- People are actively promoted to take part in the recruitment of staff, telling us what qualities they would like their staff to have, ask candidates questions about how they would support them and we actively encourage involvement from the circle of support in our service delivery
- London Road has its own transport for the use of the residents.
About the Property
London Road is an attractive and spacious detached Victorian house located in a residential area in Twickenham, Middlesex. The home is located over 2 floors and can accommodate up to 6 people in single rooms with shared communal lounge, dining room and kitchen.
The property has a large garden to the rear of the property which is actively used for social gatherings and is ideally situated for individuals to access community facilities including shops, restaurants, leisure facilities, colleges and transport links.
Service Manager: Peter Edney
Telephone: 0208 892 6406
Mobile: 07734 538 142
Locality Manager: Maarten Vegting
Telephone: 0788 963 1617