Maybank House is a Registered Residential Home providing 24 hour support for 6 adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities, complex needs including physical and mental health.
Maybank house offers the people who live there a person centred approach, which is tailored to the needs of the individual and with a high level of family involvement. The individuals that use our service require 24 hour support in a safe environment which encourages and promotes people to gain confidence in their lives and promotes decision making and choice through a person centred approach, which is individualised and dependent on the specific needs and communication requirements of each person.
At Maybank the team are centred to deliver a service provision which responds to the changing needs of the person, as well as enabling the person to maintain stability in the life. The service is outcome focused and achieves this by listening and responding to what the individuals tells us is important for them to achieve, making sure we work with people to achieve their goals and aspirations in a way that keeps the person safe, but also maintains and develops a life which makes sense to the person.
The team at Maybank have experience of working with adults who have complex needs and high levels of vulnerability, supporting and enabling them to become more independent in their every day life and promoting them to make decisions about their life.
- Learning Disabilities
- Complex needs
- Mental Health Issues
- Challenging Behaviour
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Our Services Offered
- Supporting people to maintain a life that makes sense to them through person centred planning, review and awareness.
- Personal Care
- Support with health appointments and access to access professionals and understand health related conditions through appropriate formats and awareness.
- Person centred planning, review and awareness
- Confidence and encouragement to make decisions, rights and responsibilities and promotion of access to local advocacy
- Budgeting skills and weekly planning
- Daily living skills, including meal preparation, cooking and domestic skills
- Assistance with personal care and encouragement to becoming more independent with self care
- Choice and support to attend events/activities
- Actively participate in community events through one to one sessions and planned events with other individuals
- Individuals are involved in the recruitment and selection of the staff that support them.
- Involvement in our quality checkers project
- Medication self assessment programme – from understanding why a person takes medication right through to training and assessment to self medication
- Road safety awareness and support programmes to enable greater independence in the community (with planned risk management)
- Support to participate in weekly health and safety, fire and first aid checks, as well as nightly security checks and keeping safe awareness
- Participation in training and awareness workshops in relation to keeping safe, saying no to abuse, speaking out and recruitment
About the Property
Maybank House is a detached house which was originally a bungalow extended and converted to a house in 1992 for its current purpose. The home has six spacious singly occupied rooms; these rooms are situated on two floors. The garden facilities consist of a shed for garden storage, & a patio, lawn areas and areas for plants and shrubs. The front garden is laid to lawn, shrubs and flowers
Manager: Nero Andrews
Fax: 01753 653 636
Locality Manager: Maarten Vegting
Address: 43 Slough Rd, Iver Heath, Bucks, SL0 0DW.