Carew Road, Croydon
Carew Road, Croydon is a supported living service that provides support to 5 people with learning disabilities and associated health conditions in the Croydon area.
The service is staffed 24hrs a day by an established staff team who encourage and support the individuals who live there to lead a more independent meaningful life.
This service specialises in supporting people who have previously lived in a residential setting and require support to make choices and decisions in their lives. The team work with the person to enable them to make sure that the decisions they make are self determining and evidence a smooth transition from residential to supported living, positively enabling and encouraging them to have confidence in making choices and enhance and further their daily living skills.
Individuals who live at Thornton Heath regularly attend day services, college and participate in the local community.
Our Services Offered
- Person centred planning, review and awareness
- Confidence and encouragement to make decisions, rights and responsibilities and promotion of access to local advocacy
- Budgeting skills and weekly planning
- Daily living skills, including meal preparation, cooking and domestic skills
- Assistance with personal care and encouragement to becoming more independent with self care
- Choice and support to attend college/events/activities
- Awareness of health promotion, health related conditions and specialist support to access professionals
- Actively participate in community events through one to one sessions and planned events with other tenants
- Medication self assessment programme – from understanding why a person takes medication right through to training and assessment to self medication
- Road safety awareness and support programmes to enable greater independence in the community (with planned risk management)
- Support to participate in weekly health and safety, fire and first aid checks, as well as nightly security checks and keeping safe awareness
About the Property
Thornton Heath is a 5 bedded semi detached property in Thornton Heath, Croydon.
The property has a conservatory that overlooks the garden. The house is set over 3 floors compromising of bathroom, shower room, communal lounge and kitchen/dining area. All rooms are decorated to individual choices. Thornton Heath has recently been renovated and is close to local amenities with transport links into central Croydon.
Support Manager: Hanizah Wilson-Rawi
Locality Manager: Carol Foord