Situated in the market town of Sudbury this home is a residential service for 5 ladies with learning disabilities, associated physical and sensory needs. The service has a CQC rating of excellent and is able to provide a full range of in house and external activities.
The staff team is fully trained and experienced in working to enhance life opportunities through a range of skills, many of our ladies attend college, local classes and day services including community events.
Girling Street has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
About the Property
The property is a large spacious 5 bedroomed house, which has 2 communal bathrooms, kitchen and separate dining area. There is a large spacious lounge with a patio area leading onto a large well managed mature garden. The service is situated in the heart of the town centre a short distance away from all local amenities.
Our Services Offered
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
Staff provide 24 hour support and people are actively encouraged to make choices and to engage in a schedule of activities promoting identified outcomes and goals. The home has a friendly and homely atmosphere and has an active group of friends and family.
It is important to note that this is a gender specific service.
The service offers 24hr staffing with a sleep in.
Locality Manager: Pete Gale
Telephone: 01787 882 082
Mobile: 07885 998 237
Address: 34 Girling St, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 1LZ