Te service is situated in the growing town of Haverhill, approx 1 mile from the town centre and provides a tenant based supported living environment to 7 adults with learning disabilities.
All staff are trained to a very high standard and undergo a comprehensive 6 week induction period. In addition to this the needs of all service users are identified and any additional training that is highlighted is sourced and staff are trained accordingly.
Haverhill supported living has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
About the Property
Haverhill is a large detached house with a large enclosed rear garden benefiting from mature shrubs and trees. As well as seven bedrooms there is a lounge, an additional quiet room, dining room and kitchen. 3 bathrooms including a wet room & separate laundry room.
Situated on the outskirts of the town there is easy access via public transport and just a short distance to most local amenities. The property underwent an extensive refurbishment in 2009 giving a modern and homely feel.
Our Services Offered
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
The service offers 24hr staffing with a sleep in.
Dom Care Manager: Sue Snelling
Locality Manager: Pete Gale