A bespoke residential service where the home is made up of 3 connecting bungalows providing a home to 13 adults with learning disabilities. The staff provide 24hour care and support using Person Centred Plans, to maximise independence, and identify areas of support required.
The service is structured to ensure each person has the opportunity to access a full range of daytime and evening activities, consistent with the philosophy of the Government White Paper; “Valuing People” which ensures that we focus on the Service Users Rights, Inclusion, Choice and Independence.
The staff team are fully trained and experienced in working to enhance life skills through a range of opportunities, a number of our service users attend college, classes and daily activities and integration into the local community is a key part of life at the homes.
Huntingdon has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
About the Property
The property is divided into 3 (2x 4 bedroom and 1x 5 bedroom) bungalows each with a dedicated staff team. The bungalows each have a communal lounge, dining area and kitchen. Two of the bungalows have large conservatories and each has it’s own private garden. Each bungalow has en suite facilities in the bedrooms plus a communal bathroom and wet room, hoists and high/low baths are provided to ensure individual needs are met.
Our Services Offered
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
The services offers a wide range of activities which are tailored to meet the needs and wishes of all the service users, in addition to accessing opportunities offered by external providers.
24 hour staffing including waking night cover is provided.
Locality Manager: Pete Gale
Mobile: 07808 642 955
Fax: 01480 411 918
Address: 24A, B and C Kings Ripton Road, Sapley, Huntingdon, Cambridge, PE28 2NT