Sudbury is a small friendly supported living home for 4 ladies with Learning Disabilities . Encouragement and support is provided for tenants to develop and maintain their social skills and therefore develop inclusion within the local community. Sudbury welcomes female adults with a mild/moderate Learning Disability, however, due to the layout of the home, Sudbury can only accept Service Users who are ambulant.
All staff are trained to a very high standard and undergo a comprehensive 6 week induction period. In addition to this the needs of all service users are identified and any additional training that is identified for each service user is sourced and staff are trained accordingly. Individual support needs are assessed and hours of support provided as required.
Sudbury supported living has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
About the Property
A homely, tastefully decorated 4 bedroom house with an enclosed garden, Sudbury has a small kitchen, lounge diner, one downstairs bedroom with en suite facilities with 3 upstairs bedrooms and a shared bathroom. The house is situated in the market town of Sudbury, birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough.· Located a short distance from local shops, banks, post office, library, healthcare and leisure facilities.· Situated on a bus route providing a regular service to Bury St Edmunds, Colchester, Haverhill and Ipswich. Transport can be arranged to enable service users to access opportunities in the wider community, including theatre trips, cinema and meals out. Close to water meadows and riverside walks. Spacious environment- well equipped to meet the needs of the client group.
Our Services Offered
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
Personal care needs are addressed through a local domiciliary care agency after agreement from social services. The home has well-trained, experienced and enthusiastic staff team.
It is important to note that this is a gender specific service.
Dom Care Manager: Sue Snelling
Locality Manager: Pete Gale