A Victorian 3 storey terrace in the seaside town of Clacton. The service is close to the seafront and provides a CQC registered home for adults with learning disabilities. The staff team are focused on promoting independent living and supporting the Service Users that live in the home to achieve the skills required to do this. Service users benefit from a wide variety of leisure and recreational facilities inside and outside of the home and College courses are enjoyed by all of the Service Users throughout the week. The home has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The staff are fully trained and experienced in working to enhance life opportunities through a range of opportunity, many of our service users attend college, classes and daily activities and integration into the local community is a key integral part of life at the Penant.
The Penant has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
About the Property
The Penant is a four bedroomed 3 storey property, situated close to the seafront and a short distance from the town centre. The service enjoys a quiet situation away from the main road. Five bedrooms with en suite facilities, a kitchen, dining room, lounge and patio garden.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
The staff are fully trained and experienced in working to enhance life opportunities through a wide range of activities. Many of our service users attend college, classes and daily activities and integration into the local community is a key integral part of life at the Penant.
Dignity Action Day celebrated in Clacton
The Penant decided to participate in the National Dignity Action Day, the service has signed up and become a Dignity Champion.
The service users would also take part in the Dignity Tree activity, which consisted of placing a leaf on to a Canvas painted with a tree, saying what Dignity meant to them.
Also writing a tag to be attached to a helium Balloon, this was later released into the sky with the hope of spreading the messages.
The outcome of the day is to raise the awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care.
Manager: Paul Card
Locality Manager: Pete Gale
Address: 7/9 Harold Road, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 6AJ