Wren Park, Whyteleafe, Surrey
Regard offers care and support for adults with a traumatic or non-traumatic Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and varying degrees of cognitive, physical, behavioural and emotional difficulties.
We provide a stepping stone for individuals to move towards a more independent life following post-acute rehabilitation where possible and desired by the individual.
Our aim is to support individuals to achieve their goals, participate in meaningful activities and become more self sufficient, building on their skills. We can continue with previously established rehabilitation goals and strategies or, where required adjust or develop new ones.
We have a demonstrable track record of supporting people to achieve greater independence and substantially reduce the support they require.
Feedback from Annual Satisfaction Survey
“My daughter is happy at the Service … she has enough freedom to grow and experience what being 21 is all about, with the right amount of support and feedback from staff”
The property is a large detached house with spacious surroundings that can accommodate up to 17 people, in their own self contained flats shared by up to 6 individuals.
Each flat has its own front door and individuals hold their own key to this and to their bedroom. There is a shared lounge, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry area.
All bedrooms are single occupancy and 13 have en suite facilities, some with a toilet and wash basin and some have a bath or shower. The rooms on the 1st floor are larger in size and can be accommodated as bed-sits to enable individuals to practice more independent living in a safe environment. All floors are served by a lift.
There are local convenience shops a short walking distance from the property. Caterham is the closest town with a good range of facilities to include banks, supermarkets, café and restaurants, leisure centre etc. The service has excellent transport links to larger towns such as Redhill, Purley and Croydon, which has an even wider range of facilities.
Individuals will hold their own tenancy with the Landlord and the rent would typically be claimed through Housing Benefit.
- 24 hour shared support including an awake member of staff and overnight sleep-in.
- 1:1 identified support which will vary from person to person and are based on assessed skills and needs.
- Full inclusive support planning, care needs and risk assessments are completed by staff experienced in working with individuals with an ABI
- Continuity, consistency of support and outcome focused approach with regular multidisciplinary reviews
- Support of internal and external professionals such as Occupational Therapy and Neuropsychology.
- We aim to decrease 1:1 support hours as skills and abilities are further developed and greater independence is gained where possible.
- An energetic and enthusiastic trained staff team.
- Outreach support for those able to move on providing continuity of support.
The following provides an example of what is deemed individual support and what is covered by the shared support.
Typical Individual needs
Support Manager : Tawurayi Tandi
Mobile: 07725 960 772 / 07885 998 231
Fax: 0208 645 6984
Locality Manager: Carol Foord