Livingstone Road, Gillingham, Kent
Regard offers care and support for adults with a traumatic or non-traumatic Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and varying degrees of cognitive, physical, behavioural and emotional difficulties.
We provide a stepping stone for individuals to move towards a more independent life following post-acute rehabilitation where possible and desired by the individual.
Our aim is to support individuals to achieve their goals, participate in meaningful activities and become more self sufficient, building on their skills. We can continue with previously established rehabilitation goals and strategies or, where required adjust or develop new ones.
We have a demonstrable track record of supporting people to achieve greater independence and substantially reduce the support they require.
The property has 9 single rooms 2 of these have en-suite, 1 bedroom is located on the ground floor. The accommodation is arranged over 3 floors together with shared communal space to include kitchen, lounge and dinning room. There is medium size garden to the rear of the property.
The property is centrally located in Gillingham with its wide range of community facilities, amenities and good transport links.
Individuals will hold their own tenancy with the Landlord and the rent would typically be claimed through Housing Benefit.
- 24 hour shared support including an overnight sleep-in.
- 1:1 identified support which will vary from person to person and are based on assessed skills and needs.
- Full inclusive support planning, care needs and risk assessments are completed by staff experienced in working with individuals with an ABI
- Continuity, consistency of support and outcome focused approach with regular multidisciplinary reviews
- Support of internal and external professionals such as Occupational Therapy and Neuropsychology.
- A telecare system is also provided to ensure continued security and safety
- We aim to decrease 1:1 support hours as skills and abilities are further developed and greater independence is gained where possible.
- An energetic and enthusiastic trained staff team.
- Outreach support for those able to move on providing continuity of support.
The following provides an example of what is deemed individual support and what is covered by the shared support.
Typical Individual needs
Manager: Armina Kelly
Telephone: 01634 322 010
Locality Manager: Carol Foord