Acquired Brain Injury - Outreach Support Services
Brain Injury can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time and can have a devastating and long-lasting effect on the individual and their families.
Our outreach support services offers specialist care and support for adults with a traumatic or non traumatic Acquired Brain Injury in areas of the South East in their own homes.
We work in partnership with the individual, people who are significant in their lives and others in their circle of support to provide the care and support that will enable individuals to make choices and decisions to achieve their expectations, maximise skills and live their life as independently as possible.
What support can our outreach support service offer to someone who has an Acquired Brain Injury?
- Services that are inclusive and focused on the individual.
- Continuity and consistency of approach based on a philosophy of personal rights, dignity, privacy, individuality, equality, choice and fulfilment.
- Staff trained and experienced in supporting individuals with an Acquired Brain Injury
- Implementation of support and risk management plans
- Continue with previously established rehabilitation goals and coping strategies, or where required adjust and develop new specialist strategies and guidelines to aid relearning for individuals to achieve goals.
- Support the individual in all activities of daily living including personal care, medication, menu planning, shopping, cooking, budgeting, leisure, working opportunities and social relationships.
- Promotion of the highest possible degree of independence in the community while providing quality care and support with the aim to decreasing support hours.
- Work with specialist staff such as occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and neuropsychology if required and we are also able to provide therapy input at a separate cost.
For further information on our outreach Acquired Brain Injury support services and the areas that we cover please contact Carol Foord on 07725 960741,email@example.com or our referral hotline number 0800 840 0313.