Annesso provides supported living for two young adults with Learning Disabilities and associated behaviours and is particularly suitable for young adults in transition aged 16 – 25 years. It is a tenancy supported living service situated in a pleasant village on the outskirts of Holbeach in Lincolnshire
Holbeach has a range of facilities including shops, a post office, village hall, public houses, church, library and regular bus service into King's Lynn, Spalding and Peterborough where the young people can access colleges and employment services, leisure centres, swimming pool, cinema, theatres and more extensive shopping facilities. Holbeach is also near several seaside resorts.
Regard will provide a bespoke care plan for each individual based on their own needs through a considered assessment and admission process.
Annesso has a philosophy of person centred support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible, to reach their potential and fulfil their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress within the community.
- Annesso is a stepping stone service from childrens residential to give a continuous process of development.
- To develop a person-centred plan of support that emphasises the tenant’s involvement and inclusion.
- To provide an environment that is safe but ensures that tenants have autonomy over their lives.
- To encourage tenants to participate in a full range of social activities and to acquire, where necessary, the appropriate social skills and behaviours in such an environment.
- To ensure that tenants’ views are sought through meetings and other appropriate means.
- Support to access further education with Peterborough Regional college as required.
- The highest levels of 24-hour support
- Experienced Staff
- Support to develop independent living
- An individual and comfortable environment
- Prompts and support to take medication
- Assistance with making benefit claims, managing finances (including bill payments), managing debt
- Assistance with changes in individual support levels and move-on accommodation.
Includes enabling the tenant to contact and gain access to services relevant to
setting up home and tenancy or which will otherwise enhance their ability to live
- Occasional help with running errands and ‘good neighbour’ tasks.
- Advice on issues relating to or impacting upon the tenants housing situation. Includes signposting to other services
- Enabling the tenant to develop the social skills needed to interact in a variety of housing related situations such as dealing with problems or disputes with neighbours.
- Advice on behaviour required to adhere to tenancy conditions
- Advising and supporting tenants in accessing employment, training or education
- Advice and encouragement in obtaining peer support
- Support to access befriending services
- Encouragement to develop social networks
- Health-related advice and information, signposting to other services.
- Advising the tenant on establishing both personal safety and the security of their home
- Prompts and encouragement to carry out cleaning and other domestic tasks.
- Provision of eligible support which forms part of a rehabilitation plan for a tenant following illness, accident or acquired disability
About the property
Annesso is a newly developed property with 2 self contained flats, the ground floor flat is particularly suitable for those with mobility issues and it is wheelchair accessible and has a fully fitted wet room. Each flat also has a lounge/kitchen and a separate bedroom. Outside there is a small easy care garden.
Regional Director : Gill Holt