Bay Lodge is a fully registered residential transition service for four young adults with learning disabilities, behaviour disorders and complex health needs situated in the attractive town of Holbeach near Kings Lynn and Peterborough. There are 4 en-suite rooms.
Holbeach has a range of facilities including shops, a post office, village hall, public houses, church, library and regular bus service into King's Lynn, Spalding and Peterborough where the young people can access colleges and employment services, leisure centres, swimming pool, cinema, theatres and more extensive shopping facilities. Holbeach is also near several seaside resorts.
Strengths of Bay Lodge
- Provides a high quality of support with an enabling and self-empowering approach to developing independence
- A homely, spacious environment
- A dedicated, experienced and consistent staff team
- Staff who have received specialist training in autism, non-verbal methods of communication and the management of challenging behaviour
- Stable , long term placements which evidence progression
- Promote and facilitate contact with family and friends
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Positive links within the local community
- Access to local advocacy services
Regard will provide a bespoke care plan for each individual based on their own needs through a considered assessment and admission process.
Bay Lodge has a philosophy of person centered support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible, to reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress within the community.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
Staff are trained and experienced in complex health needs including management of epilepsy and enteral feeding.
Communication is enabled for those with communication difficulties via the use of PECS and Widget, and access to Speech and Language Therapy.
Young people aged 16 – 19 are able access our own independent education provision where a full and wide ranging post 16 scheme exists.
The type of support we can offer includes:
Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
Provision of an individually designed support package to include assistance in activities to develop and maintain independence.
Support to service users with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consis
- tency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
- Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and speech and language support through our links with ITS
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Bay Lodge is a newly developed property with 4 en-suite bedrooms, 2 with showers, 1 with a bath and shower over and the remaining one with a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower.
There is a lounge, sensory room, very spacious kitchen diner, separate utility room and a staff bedroom and shower.
Outside there is a large grassed garden with a trampoline, summer house and sensory garden area, this overlooks fields with various livestock, and there is also a large patio area where barbeques and parties can be held with a shed for bikes and outdoor equipment.
“From my visit today I was very impressed with the standard of accommodation, but especially with the attitude and presentation of the staff team, which was open, friendly, welcoming and professional.”
“Beautifully clean and presentable. Homely, friendly and relaxing. It strikes me as an environment that people can thrive in and develop their personalities.”
Manager: Ros Ewing
Mobile: 07515 974 913
Telephone: 07889 630013
Address: 36 Fen Road, Holbeach, Lincolnshire, PE12 8QA