Great Western 3, Manchester
This is a supported living service for adults of either gender with Asperger Syndrome/autism/LD and associated Mental Health service. Our aims and objectives in terms of the support and care we provide are all focused on identified individual personal outcomes. The service is staffed 24 hours per day, with a sleep in at night. On call support is in place for out of hours emergencies. Independence is promoted to establish a solid base for integration into the community. Service users have tailor made support plans which are used to support them to live as independently as possible with support when they wish to have it.
The staff team consists of trained and experienced Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, and is overseen by a Service Manager. Service Users are supported to live as independently as possible using person centred planning.
Gt. Western supported living has a philosophy of person centred support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfil their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Medication support
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
About the Property
This service is a 4 bedroom terraced house, with communal lounge and kitchen and shared bathrooms based in South Manchester, there is an enclosed patio area to the rear of the property. There are excellent public transport links into the city centre of Manchester, the University of Manchester and the famous curry mile situated in the vibrant Asian quarter is within walking distance.
Dom Care Manager: Sam Baxendale
Locality Manager: Roy McLennan