Great Western 4, Manchester
This is a supported living service for adults with mental health and or learning disabilities of either sex and would be ideal for a couple who wished to live together.
The staff team consists of trained and experienced Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, and overseen is by a Service Manager. Service Users are supported to live as independently as possible using person centred planning. It is staffed 24 hours a day by a team of support staff. There is overnight support with a sleep in staff if required. An on call support system is in place for out of hours emergencies.
Gt. Western supported living has a philosophy of person centred support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfil their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
We work with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Medication support
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes
About the Property
This service is a large 4 bedroom terraced house with a shared kitchen and lounge, there is a shared bathroom and en suite shower room to one of the bedrooms, it is based in South Manchester. There are excellent public transport links in to the City of Manchester, and within walking distance is the vibrant Asian Quarter and the famous Curry Mile.
Dom Care Manager: Sam Baxendale
Locality Manager: Roy McLennan