28 and 30 Newland Street
Newland St are 2 tenancy based supported living services each house is for 2 individuals with learning disabilities or mental health needs.
They are situated in North Manchester within walking distance of North Manchester General Hospital and the Abraham Moss adult college and learning centre
We aim to support individuals to further gain the skills necessary for a further move onto independent living, if they wish to take this next step.
We are able to provide outreach support once tenants have moved into independent living within the community thereby maintaining consistency and continuity of their support networks.
At Regard we promote enablement and inclusion at all times, tenants have the opportunity to explore new experiences and make lifestyle changes based on their own decisions, with a focus on rights, inclusion, choice and independence.
Staff support provision can be as flexible as needed and structured around each individual’s needs on a daily basis and the staff teams recruited with the individuals involvement and more specifically to meet the needs and requirements of the individuals.
All staff will actively support and encourage individuals to attend college, seek employment both paid and voluntary and engage in community life.
These services are focused on move on with promotion of independence skill building with a view to moving onto supported living.
Newland St provides consistent and responsive support to adults with mental health and learning disabilities. We work with individuals to support them to gain confidence and learn daily living skills.
Key outcomes for people are to develop community presence and participation, develop positive relationships with individuals, families, health professionals and commissioners and to support people.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in liaison with the individual, key professionals and anyone else they with to be involved such as family, friend, or advocate.
- Provision of an individuals’ designed person-centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence.
- Support to tenants with a range of activities including:
- Budget planning and support with finances (Regard can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning, preparation & shopping including promotion of healthy options
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work, etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting access to advocacy services
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist
- Medication prompting
- Developing and maintaining family and personal relationships
- Continuity and consistency of support by experienced support workers chosen with the individuals involvement
Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such as psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses, and primary care trust schemes.
About the Property
Newland St are terraced properties in a quiet residential area, each has an enclosed patio area to the rear of the building. Each home can accommodate 2 service users with each having a single bedroom, in each property there is a kitchen/dining area with a utility room, lounge and a communal bathroom which has a bath with a shower over.
Manager: Louise James
Telephone: 01617 409 785
Locality Manager: Roy McLennan