Cleveland Road, Manchester
Cleveland Road is a supported living service for adults with mental health issues, and clients experiencing early onset and vascular dementias. It is staffed 24 hours a day by a team of experienced support staff.
An on call system is in place for out of hours emergencies. The team consists of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, and overseen by a Service Manager. Service users are supported to live as independently as possible using person centred planning.
This service specialises in supporting people who require support to make choices and decisions in their lives. The team work with the person to enable them to make sure that the decisions they make are self determining, encouraging them to have confidence in making choices, enhance and further their daily living skills, using outcome focused care and support to enable the individual.
Cleveland Road supported living has a philosophy of person centred support, giving choice, independence, and encouragement enabling the service users to develop and maintain skills to give them the freedom to be as independent as possible and to reach their potential and fulfil their dreams. Supporting new opportunities for achievement with informed choices and managed risks so that there is a continuous path of progress.
The service works with multi disciplinary teams, actively encouraging families to be involved and all professionals who are identified as needed to support an individual within their care and support package.
- Person centred planning, review and awareness
- Confidence and encouragement to make decisions, rights and responsibilities and promotion of access to local advocacy
- Budgeting skills and weekly planning
- Daily living skills, including meal preparation, cooking and domestic skills
- Assistance with personal care and encouragement to becoming more independent with self care
- Choice and support to attend college/events/activities
- Awareness of health promotion, health related conditions and specialist support to access professionals
- Actively participate in community events through one to one sessions and planned events with other tenants
- Individuals are involved in the recruitment and selection of the staff that support them.
- Involvement in our quality checkers project
- Medication self assessment programme – from understanding why a person takes medication right through to training and assessment to self medication
- Road safety awareness and support programmes to enable greater independence in the community (with planned risk management)
- Support to participate in weekly health and safety, fire and first aid checks, as well as nightly security checks and keeping safe awareness
- Participation in training and awareness workshops in relation to keeping safe, saying no to abuse, speaking out and recruitment
About the Property
The house is a terraced property with 5 bedrooms over 3 floors. It is located close to North Manchester General Hospital, close to local shops and amenities; it is situated within a vibrant multi cultural area. There are good transport links with bus routes and trams into the city centre of Manchester.
Locality Manager: Roy McLennan