Service Users will hold their own tenancy with the landlord, Reside Housing Association, and claim the rent through Housing Benefit. Reside is registered under the Industrial and Provident Society as a not-for-profit organisation providing accommodation for persons with disabilities.
We offer quality accommodation throughout England and Wales, with either assured shorthold or assured tenancies, both offering a high degree of security.
Reside also provides a tenant support service, which can assist with understanding tenancy agreements, benefit claims, moving in, utility payments and any other issues required to ensure tenants live as full and independent a life as possible In addition to working with Reside we also work with other landlords such as Oscar Vale, so we are able to seek alternative accommodation if the current portfolio does not meet your requirements.
About the Property
The service is a 3 bedroom Victorian property set over 2 floors situated in the Roath area of Cardiff. The first floor comprises of a ground floor bedroom, staff sleep in room and comfortable living/ dining area, there is a fully fitted kitchen with small breakfast bar and perching stools. The garden is enclosed and private with a patio area with flower borders where the ladies regularly entertain with their summer BBQ. The second floor comprises of a large wet room which also includes a bath, there are a further 2 bedrooms. The property has some mobility adaption’s and is suitable for those with minor physical disabilities. The property is very near the popular district of Albany and City road and benefits from many amenities,for example, supermarkets, banks, pubs, shops and cafes. The property is within walking distance of local parks, including Roath park with its large boating lake. The service supports adults with mental health problems to include borderline personality disorders, schizophrenia , depression and ABI. In addition, the service supports service users with slight mobility needs, the house has been adapted with grab rails, a wet room and ramp for wheelchair access.
Where appropriate we are fully involved in the CPA process and work closely with the social care team and the local CPN’S. We work alongside the service user to produce individual care plans which they manage. We assist the service user to create their own recovery plan which they lead and follow at their own pace. The supported living staff are registered with our Domiciliary care Agency,we are therefore able to provide specialist services and support with administration of medication and personal care. We can provide a 24 hour service with sleep in support as well as senior management support 24 hours a day.
Services offered include.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in association with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved in the process,such as family, case manager, advocate or friend.
- Provision of an individuallydesigned person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence
- Support to service users with a range of activities including.
- Budget planning and support with finances.( we can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning , preparation and shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework.
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting advocacy services.
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist.
- Medication (assistance/support)
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships.
- Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such s psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses and primary care trusts.
We have a specialist benefits department to support service users to maximise their income and help put in place a budget plan to assist them with paying their rent, utilities, purchase groceries etc. This is one area that can be fundamental to a persons recovery and we have had many successes in planning for service users to eventually move into their own independent accommodation with minimal staff support .
Manager: Kelly Prosser
Telephone: 07885 998 247
Manager: Gareth Wilson
Senior Support Worker: Trudy Hamblin
Locality Manager: Andrea Williams