Service Users will hold their own tenancy with the landlord, Reside Housing Association, and claim the rent through Housing Benefit. Reside is registered under the Industrial and Provident Society as a not-for-profit organisation providing accommodation for persons with disabilities.
We offer quality accommodation throughout England and Wales, with either assured shorthold or assured tenancies, both offering a high degree of security.
Reside also provides a tenant support service, which can assist with understanding tenancy agreements, benefit claims, moving in, utility payments and any other issues required to ensure tenants live as full and independent a life as possible In addition to working with Reside we also work with other landlords such as Oscar Vale, so we are able to seek alternative accommodation if the current portfolio does not meet your requirements.
About the Property
The service is a 3 bedroom Victorian property set over 2 floors situated in the Grange town area of Cardiff. The ground floor comprises of; a double bedroom and a comfortable living room, there is a fully fitted kitchen and dinning area with an additional utility and cloakroom area leading onto the garden. The garden is enclosed and private with a seating area and a border for flowers and planting. The first floor has 2 further double bedrooms , plus a staff sleep in room, and a bathroom with shower facilities. The property is close to local shops and benefits from many amenities, for example, hairdressers, cafes, a bakery, takeaways, butchers, supermarkets and pubs. There are churches within walking distance and a mental health resources centre offering courses and activities i. The service supports female adults with mental health problems to include bi-polar affective disorder, borderline personality disorder, self harm, depression, challenging behaviour and mild learning disabilities.
Where appropriate we are fully involved in the CPA process and work closely with the social care team and the local CPN’S. We work alongside the service user to produce individual care plans which they manage. We assist the service user to create their own recovery plan which they lead and follow at their own pace. The supported living staff are registered with our Domiciliary care Agency,we are therefore able to provide specialist services and support with administration of medication and personal care. We can provide a 24 hour service with sleep in support as well as senior management support 24 hours a day.
Services offered include.
- Full needs and risk assessments completed by trained and experienced staff in association with the individual and anyone else they wish to be involved in the process such as family, case manager, advocate or friend.
- Provision of an individually designed person centred support package to include assistance in activities to maintain independence
- Support to service users with a range of activities including.
- Budget planning and support with finances.( we can become appointee if required)
- Meal planning , preparation and shopping
- Household tasks, including laundry and housework.
- Planning social and leisure activities including college, voluntary work etc.
- Establishing community links
- Promoting self advocacy or supporting advocacy services.
- Health promotion and access to GP/dentist.
- Medication (assistance/support)
- Develop and maintain family and personal relationships.
- Access to professionals as identified in individual support plans such s psychiatrists, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses and primary care trusts.
We have a specialist benefits department to support service users to maximise their income and to help put in placea budget plan to assist them with paying their rent, utilities, purchase groceries etc. This is one area that can be fundamental to a persons recovery and we have had many successes in planning for service users to eventually move into their own independent accommodation with minimal staff support.
Manager: Kelly Prosser
Telephone: 07734 538 173
Manager: Gareth Wilson
Senior Support Worker: Nilda Choycawen
Locality Manager: Andrea Williams