Latymer House is a detached property located in a residential area in Redhill. It is within walking distance of the town centre and has easy access to local transport. There are 5 bedrooms on the first floor sharing a kitchen, lounge area and a bathroom. There is a private garden to the rear of the property and generous patio area where regular events and barbecues are held.
· Person-centred planning that supports the development of daily living skills that ultimately enables the individual to become more self-managing in areas of their personal life and to experience the opportunities they want.
· We take a positive risk assessment approach that encourages the individuals to experience new opportunities
· Opportunities for community participation and attendance at colleges, work programmes and community events, plus community safety and independence development
· Participation in quality and safety audits and checks
· Medical assessments and involvement with Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Advisors and other health care professionals as required
· Support to become self-medicating
· Participation in training and awareness around keeping safe, saying no to abuse and speaking out
· Individuals who live at Latymer are involved in the recruitment and selection of their staff team
Martin McGibbon the service manager has over 25 years experience of working in care within a variety of settings. He has an NVQ 4 Management qualification and NVQ4 in Care. He is an experienced manager who has the skills and knowledge to lead and develop his team to provide the best outcomes for the people we support. The team of support workers in the service supporting working with Martin have over 30 years of experience between them within social and health care. They are focused on delivering individual support to the service users and this includes undertaking training that is specific to each person, including Autism, Epilepsy and Makaton.