The service is a five bed mid-terrace property in Cardiff. Service users have their own rooms on either the ground floor or first floor and the shared use of the communal lounge, kitchen/diner on the ground floor. In addition, there is a self-contained garden. The service is situated close to all the local amenities, grocery shops banks etc. and benefits from fantastic public transport links. Everything is on the doorstep: local colleges, libraries, leisure centres and medical facilities.
We support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Needs and/or Substance Misuse issues.
We enable people to achieve their full potential and maximum independence in a safe nurturing environment by:
• Utilising active support and recovery model methods of support to achieve measurable outcomes.,
• Working alongside each service user and involving the MDT and family if appropriate, to produce bespoke Support Plans accurately reflecting the way in which they want to be supported.
• Ensuring staff are well trained and experienced in supporting individuals with personal care and medication administration.
• Providing 24 hour support including a sleep-in provision, so that there is always some there to talk to.
• Focussing dedicated support hours on increasing skills within daily living tasks such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, planning a social life, accessing further education, medical health professionals and leisure activities.
Kelly has over 12 years experience working with clients who have a learning and physical disability, mental health, challenging behaviour and drug and alcohol misuse. Kelly has been with Regard for 12 years starting as a support worker and working her way up to senior and then onto the service manager position. During the time that Kelly has been with Regard she has attained both her NVQ’s level 3 and 4 RMA in health and social care. Kelly is currently working towards a higher apprenticeship qualification in Leadership & Management. The service has a small dedicated staff team and is led by a senior support worker who has completed her NVQ level 2, QCF level 3 and is currently working towards QCF level 5 diploma in Health & Social Care. The staff team she leads are fully trained in mandatory and service specific training with over 90% of the team having completed a NVQ level 2 or above.